Beach Renourishment - Sectors 3, 5 and 7
11/5/19 Project Update
The Sector 5 Beach Renourishment project began on Monday, November 4th and is scheduled to last several months.
During the first segment of the project, Tracking Station Park will be closed to the public. The park is scheduled to re-open in late November.
Throughout the duration of the project, County staff will provide regular updates on beach closures, re-openings, and other relevant information.
Property Owner Easements
Indian River County will be constructing three (3) beach nourishment projects over the next two years within the Sector 3, Sector 5 and Sector 7 beach management areas. A portion of the sand may be placed on the beach landward of the Mean High Water Line and seaward of the dune line, which is private property. In order to proceed with the sand fill project on these sections of private property, the County will require a beach management and assessment easement from property owners or Condo Associations of beachfront parcels in the project areas. View a map of beach projects and properties requiring easements at www.ircgov.com/easements
Vacation Rental Regulations
Indian River County adopted and initiated regulations for short term vacation rentals on June 21, 2016. The following document provides an outline of the County vacation rental regulations, a State guide to vacation rentals, the County vacation rental license application, and short term vacation rental Ordinance 2016-006.
Short Term Vacation Rental Information Packet
"All Aboard Florida" Rail Project
FECI introduced a proposal for a high speed rail service known as All Aboard Florida or Brightline, with passenger service between Miami and Orlando with additional stations in Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach. The project has been the subject of extensive local government discussion since its announcement. Project Information and Documents More Information
AAF and Vero Electric/FMPA Expenses
Updated monthly, the Expenses Update lists the actual expenses for Indian River County for the All Aboard Florida and Vero Electric/FMPA issues.
All Aboard FL Expenses | Vero Electric Expenses
Read more - County Spotlight Archives
Boil Water Notices
- Boil Water Notice 4th PL SW & 5th ST SW - Due to a water main break in your area, water was temporarily unavailable while the necessary repairs were being made. IRCDUS customers living at: 4th PL SW – 659,639,629,619,613,609,603 5th St SW – 658,648,638,629,618,614,605,604
- Rescission BWN - 6th St & 20th Ave 63 Homes- THE THURSDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2019 "PRECAUTIONARY BOIL WATER NOTICE" IS HEREBY RESCINDED FOLLOWING THE SATISFACTORY COMPLETION AND RECEIPT OF THE BACTERIOLOGICAL SURVEY THAT SHOWS THE WATER IS SAFE TO DRINK. . 5th PL – addresses affected 1646, 1655, 1656, 1666, 1676, 1805, 1815, 1816, 1826,1845, 1846, 1855 ,1865, 1866, 1890. 5th St addresses affected 1655,1666,1795,1806,1815,1816,1825,1835,1836,1845,1846,1865,1875 6th St – addresses affected 1605,1615,1616,1695,1705,1715,1716,1815,1845,1850,1855,1965 18th Ave addresses affected 495,535,536,556,575,576 18th Ct addresses affected 605, 606, 615, 616, 625, 626, 635, 645, 646 611 16th Ave; 605 & 620 17th Ave; 455 & 505 17th CT; 536, 576 & 600 20TH Ave
Public Meeting CANCELLATION - Sebastian Annexation
The joint IRC / Sebastian public meeting to conduct a conflict assessment meeting pursuant to section 164.1053, Florida Statutes, regarding the annexation of the Graves Brothers Company property has been CANCELLED per court order.
The Board of County Commissioners of Indian River County, Florida provides notice of an attorney-client session regarding the following pending litigation: Ocean Concrete, Inc. and George Maib vs. Indian River County, pending in the Circuit Court of the Nineteenth Judicial Circuit, in and for Indian River County, Florida; Case No. 312007CA011589, at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, November 5, 2019. The subject matter of the meeting will be settlement negotiations and/or strategy sessions relating to litigation expenditures.
On October 28, 2019, maintenance of the fire hydrant system in Indian River County began and will continue until September of 2020. The work in the north part of the County is nearly complete, with Fellsmere being the first area where the work will occur. Once the work is completed in Fellsmere, the work will then move south of SR 60.
Indian River County Census 2020 Community Action Committee
The Indian River County Board of County Commissioners has created the Indian River County Census 2020 Community Action Committee. The goals of a Complete Count Committee are to:
- Make everyone in the community aware of Census 2020; and
- Motivate the community to participate in the census by filling out the census form and returning it immediately. The committee will be active until June 2020. The committee will have fifteen members as follows:
- One representative from the Board of County Commissioners
- Two representatives from the Gifford area
- One representative from the Oslo area
- One representative from the Wabasso area
- One representative from the Fellsmere area
- One representative from the School Board
- One representative from the City of Vero Beach appointed by the city council
- One representative from the City of Sebastian appointed by the city council
- One representative for City of Fellsmere appointed by the city council
- One representative for Town of Indian River Shores appointed by the town council
- One representative from Town of Orchid appointed by the town council
- One representative from a local business
- One representative from a local faith-based organization
- One representative from the local media
We invite interested individuals to submit a committee application which can be found on the County's Boards and Committees webpage.
Indian River County does hereby announce that funds are available for housing rehabilitation/replacement through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program. The County is now soliciting applications from very low, low and moderate Income households for the rehabilitation/replacement of homes within Unincorporated Indian River County.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has received the subgrant application for repairs to Fire Station #2 due to damages in Hurricane Irma (DR-4337-FL PW 7097). Pursuant to Executive Order 11988 and 44 CFR Part 9.12, final notice is hereby given of FEMA's intent to provide funding for this project under the Public Assistance (PA) Program.
Notice is hereby given that, starting August 7, 2019 until June 30, 2020 or when all funds are expended, whichever comes first; the Board of County Commissioners of Indian River County, Florida will be accepting applications from households in the very low, low, and moderate income categories for Purchase Assistance (down payment/closing costs), Rehabilitation Assistance of affordable housing units, or other assistance with $350,000.00 in funds from the Florida State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP) Program FY 2019-2020, which will be made available through the Indian River County Local Housing Assistance Program
Closed Captioning Video
As of February 2019, all BCC and Planning and Zoning board meeting videos on the County website are closed captioned, including the live meeting webcasts. Past meeting videos of the Indian River County Board of County Commission and Planning and Zoning Commission meetings are also closed captioned and can be found on the Indian River County YouTube channel and we're working on applying CC to all archived video on the website.
The County’s Public Records Custodian is Sandy Wright. For questions concerning public records requests and searches, please visit www.ircgov.com/Public-Records.htm.
Indian River County is a member of the Florida Association of Counties and the National Association of Counties, which lobby on behalf of their members. Indian River County also employs Anfield Consulting to provide State lobbying services.
Title VI Public Notice
Please be advised that the Indian River County Board of County Commissioners' services operate according to the Title VI Regulation, 49 CFR, Part 21 which states: NO PERSON OR GROUP OF PERSON SHALL BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST WITH REGARD TO ANY OF ITS PROGRAMS, SERVICES, OR ACTIVITIES ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR OR NATIONAL ORIGIN.
If you are using a screen reader and are having problems using this website, please call 772-226-1391 or send an email to email@example.com for assistance.