2021/22 Draft Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
The Draft Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for FY 2021/22 – 2025/26 is available for public review and comment. The TIP is a multimodal program of federally and state funded transportation improvements. Comments on the TIP can be submitted by email to email@example.com, in writing to Indian River County MPO, 1801 27th Street, Vero Beach, FL 32960, or by calling (772) 226-1455. View the Draft TIP.
Hurricane Season Started June 1st. Are You Ready?
The average Hurricane season has 14 named storms, 7 hurricanes, and 3 major hurricanes. We encourage all residents to prepare now before a storm threatens Indian River County. Take a moment and visit the preparedness information listed in the link below:
- Visit the Emergency Management Division to get access to the preparedness guide, apps, tools, press releases, evacuation info, and emergency alerts.
- Right-of-Entry Form for Private Roadways and Subdivisions
The County Commissioners may, after the declaration of a disaster, authorize the collection of debris from Private Roadways and Private Subdivisions. In order to facilitate the collection of disaster generated vegetative debris, a right-of-entry form must be submitted yearly by each property owner on a private road or by an authorized officer or agent of the Home Owners' Association of a private subdivision on a private road. A new form must be submitted each year.
Submit the form or get more storm debris collection information.
High Speed Rail Project
FECI introduced a proposal for a high speed rail service formally known as All Aboard Florida or Brightline, and now Virgin Trains, with passenger service between Miami and Orlando with additional stations in Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach. The project has been the subject of extensive local government discussion since its announcement. Project Information and Documents More Information
Updated monthly, the Expenses Update lists the actual expenses for Indian River County for the High Speed Rail issue. Virgin Trains Expenses
Boil Water Notices
- 53rd Street at 58th Avenue June 1, 2021 through June 29, 2021 - A contractor will close 53rd Street at 58th Avenue, beginning on Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 9:00 AM. The road will re-open on Tuesday, June 29, 2021 at 5:00 PM.
- 43rd Avenue between 26th Street/Aviation Blvd and State Route 60 will be closed for major roadway reconstruction and improvements starting June 15, 2021. Details
- Tracking Station Beach Park - June 7 through June 11. Parking lot resurfacing. Pedestrian access will be permitted through the connector from SR A1A and lifeguards will be staffing the beach from 9 A.M. to 5 P.M. Access to the parking lot will be closed.
- Dale Wimbrow Park - Boat ramp and entrance to resurfacing. June 9 to June 12. Boaters can launch at the Donald MacDonald Campground (1/3rd of a mile NE on Roseland Road from Dale Wimbrow Park).
Notice is hereby given of a meeting held pursuant to Section 164.1053(1), Fla. Stat. (2020) to discuss the 1989 Service Area Agreement. Those in attendance will be the following parties: Representing the City of Vero Beach, Florida, will be the City Manager, Monte Falls, P.E., Director of Water and Sewer Department, Robert Bolton, P.E., and City Attorney, John Turner. Representing Indian River County, Florida, will be County Administrator, Jason Brown; County Utilities Director, Vincent Burke; Assistant County Utilities Director, Matt Jordan and County Attorney, Dylan Reingold. The meeting is scheduled for Thursday, June 24, 2021 at 10:00 a.m., in the City Hall, Council Chambers, located at 1053 20th Place, Vero Beach, Florida 32960.
Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. Notice of a public hearing to consider granting approval of a Planned Development (PD) modification to revise (reduce) the required setbacks for the previously approved Liberty Park PDTND plan by no more than 20%. Specifically, the applicant has requested to reduce the front yard setback requirement for certain single-family lots within the project from 20 feet to 18 feet, and the request does not reduce or affect any project perimeter setbacks or buffers. The affected area of the project site is located on the west side of 66th Avenue, south of County Road 510 / 85th Street.
The County’s Public Records Custodian is Taree Glanville. For questions concerning public records requests and searches, please visit www.ircgov.com/Public-Records.htm.
Indian River County is a member of the Florida Association of Counties and the National Association of Counties, which lobby on behalf of their members. Indian River County also employs Anfield Consulting to provide State lobbying services.
Title VI Public Notice
Please be advised that the Indian River County Board of County Commissioners' services operate according to the Title VI Regulation, 49 CFR, Part 21 which states: NO PERSON OR GROUP OF PERSON SHALL BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST WITH REGARD TO ANY OF ITS PROGRAMS, SERVICES, OR ACTIVITIES ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR OR NATIONAL ORIGIN.
If you are using a screen reader and are having problems using this website, please call 772-226-1391 or send an email to Accessibility@ircgov.com for assistance.