State Housing Initiative Partnership Program (SHIP)
Statement of Function
The Indian River County Local Housing Assistance Program (IRCLHAP) was established on April 6, 1993 pursuant to the State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP) Program. IRCLHAP’s purpose is to increase the availability of affordable housing units in the County by providing low or no-interest loans for down payments and closing costs; loans for impact fees; and loans for renovation of substandard housing units. Funding is from the SHIP program. The County’s Community Development Department administrates and monitors the program.
Notice is hereby given that, starting July 21, 2021 until June 30, 2022 or when all funds are expended, whichever comes first; the Board of County Commissioners of Indian River County, Florida will be accepting applications from households in the very low, low, and moderate income categories for Purchase Assistance (down payment/closing costs), Rehabilitation Assistance of affordable housing units, or other assistance with $1,072,404.00 in estimated funds from the Florida State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP) Program FY 2021-2022, which will be made available through the Indian River County Local Housing Assistance Program for the activities listed here.
For SHIP Program information, please contact:
- Jessica Watkins
- Housing Coordinator, SHIP
- Community Development Department
- Indian River County
- 1801 27th Street, Building A
- Vero Beach, FL 32960
- Phone: (772) 226-4344
- Fax: (772) 226-1922
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Goals and Objectives
- Maintain eligibility for SHIP funding.
- Enhance public awareness of the SHIP program throughout the county.
- Reduce the costs of housing for households with very low, low, and moderate incomes in the county.
- Maintain the county’s affordable housing partnership with lenders, builders, and housing non-profit organizations.
- Assist income eligible households.