COVID-19 Resources and Information for Indian River County
Indian River County continues to closely monitor the situation with COVID-19 and remains under a local state of emergency as an administrative measure to allow for additional purchasing capability as needed and to allow for certain orders going forward if deemed necessary. More information regarding this action.
Local Testing Sites
Testing is available through a number of local healthcare providers and pharmacies. The list below may not be inclusive and is subject to change. Contact the testing site to ask about any costs associated with testing and the specific tests offered.
Indian River County and the State Health Department in Indian River County launched a new COVID-19 vaccine registration system through Everbridge. Indian River County residents who are 65 years and older or are frontline healthcare workers can now register for the waitlist. To sign up, eligible residents should complete the online registration form HERE. Residents who need technical assistance with online registration or do not have Internet access can also register by calling our call center (772) 226-4000, which is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Appointments are scheduled based on availability of the vaccine and the date an individual registered. Registrants will only be notified when vaccine has been received by the Department of Health in Indian River County and there is an available appointment for them.
Based on the contact information provided during registration, the system will send appointment notifications via call, text and/or email. Individuals will be asked to confirm the appointment date and time or decline if they are not available for the appointment window that has been offered. Declining will not remove the person from the queue. Their place in the queue will be held and they will receive another notification as soon as the next appointments are made available. Appointment notifications will expire four hours after the notification is issued. If the notification expires without a response, then that person will be placed back into their original place in the queue and will receive another notification as soon as the next appointments are made available.
Information on Florida residency requirements for receiving the vaccine, what to bring to an appointment and other View Frequently Asked Questions
Current Waitlist Status
As of February 24th, 14,257 individuals have registered with the County's waitlist system. A total of 4,751 appointments have been scheduled and 2,470 individuals have opted out of the waitlist system.
Second doses are being scheduled though the aEverbridge waitlist system You will receive an automated call, email, or text indicating your appointment time for the date specified. Second Dose Schedule
Cleveland Clinic Vaccinations
The Cleveland Clinic Florida region began scheduling COVID-19 vaccines on December 30, 2020 for community members who meet criteria set forth by an executive order from Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. Vaccinations will be by appointment only, for appointments with Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital call (772) 410-0560 to schedule your vaccination. View full details of Cleveland Clinic COVID-19 Vaccinations
Federal Retail Pharmacy Program
Publix – https://www.publix.com/covid-vaccine/florida
Walmart and Sam's Club – http://www.walmart.com/COVIDvaccine and http://www.samsclub.com/covid
Winn-Dixie – https://www.winndixie.com/pharmacy/covid-vaccine
Local Assistance and Relief Programs:
CARES Act Mortgage and Rent Payment Assistance Program
Indian River County has updated its COVID-19 Rent and Mortgage Payment Assistance Program which is utilizing CARES Act funds to assist local households affected by the pandemic with rent and mortgage payments. The Rent and Mortgage Payment Assistance Program will provide financial assistance to eligible households that require assistance due to economic losses caused by COVID-19 of up to $1,500 per month, with the maximum total award from this program not to exceed $4,500. Payments may only be made for up to 6 months if not previously assisted by County CARES Act funds from a partner agency/municipality or up to 3 months if previously assisted by County CARES Act funds from a partner agency/municipality (subject to the above noted per month and maximum assistance caps).,. Rent and mortgage assistance may be provided for late payments and late fees and charges (after March 1, 2020) and may also be provided for near term future payments. Mortgage assistance may also be used for a portion of taxes and insurance under limited circumstances as state and federal rules permit. The County is continuing to review applications submitted for the previously advertised CRF/CARES Act programs for payments from the CARES Act funds. The application period remains open for new applications on a first come first serve basis until all funds are expended ($4,500,000).
Small Business Grant Program - Phase 3 Funding
As of February 15, Indian River County is currently not accepting applications for the Small Business Grant Program as the funding dedicated to this program has been expended
Indian River County COVID-19 Community Response Fund.
United Way of Indian River County has launched the COVID-19 Community Response Fund, an emergency fund to aid in recovery efforts to support those in Indian River County who have been affected by this crisis. We are working diligently with our partner agencies across the county to best anticipate the needs and hardships of individuals and businesses. Below we have listed resources for food distribution, financial stability, well-being, and ways for you to get involved.
County Government Services, Facilities, and Announcements
County Facilities and Operations
As of September 1st, appointments are no longer required in order to receive in-person customer services at the Public Works, Community Development, and Utilities Departments located within the County Administration building. Appointments at the Tax Collector, Property Appraiser, Supervisor of Elections, and Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller's offices may still be required, depending on the policies of those individual offices. Please consider the following guidelines when planning to meet with County staff:
- Facemasks are required at all indoor County facilities
- Practice social distancing by maintaining a minimum distance of 6 feet from the nearest person while in the building
- Limit the number of people participating in any appointment to only those necessary for the issue at hand
- Wash your hands before and after your appointment
- Please have your temperature scanned upon entering the offices
- If you think you may be sick or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home and check the Indian River County website for ways to conduct your business electronically
- Face mask requirement for employees of businesses in unincorporated Indian River County, Visitors of County Facilites, and riders of public transportation - Emergency Ordinance 2021-004 - Face Mask Requirements was passed January 19, 2021 with the following in place:
- All persons working in restaurants, grocery stores, food service, salons, gyms, any retail establishments, or businesses open to the public or any other indoor facility visited by the public shall wear face coverings
- All persons entering an indoor County facility including, but not limited to; the County Administration Building, libraries, iG center, fire rescue stations, etc. shall wear face coverings.
- All persons utilizing public transit and transportation in Indian River County shall wear face coverings.
- All other persons physically present in any public place in Indian River County are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings.
- A face covering includes any covering which snugly covers the nose and mouth, whether store bought or homemade, and which is secured in place. Persons who wear masks should review the CDC and Florida Department of Health guidelines regarding properly and safely applying, removing, and cleaning masks.
- EXCEPTIONS: A face covering shall not be required for the following persons:
A. Persons under the age of six years;
B. Employees for whom a face covering would cause impairment due to an existing health condition or disability;
C. Persons working in a business or profession who maintain social distancing from another person or work in their personal office with no interactions from other persons;
D. Persons working in a business or profession where use of a face covering would prevent them from performing the duties of the business or profession;
E. Persons exercising, while maintaining social distancing;
F. Persons eating or drinking;
G. Public safety, fire and other life safety and health care personnel, as their personal protective equipment requirements will be governed by their respective agencies; or
H. The requirement shall not apply when a person who is hearingimpaired needs to see the mouth of someone wearing a face covering in order to communicate.
- Local Restaurants Update- In order to provide local restaurants and food establishments the ability to re-open in a viable manner, Indian River County has waived temporary use permitting and site plan restrictions which govern temporary outdoor dining areas. This waiver applies to any restaurant or food establishment located in the unincorporated areas of Indian River County as well as those located in the City of Sebastian. Restaurants located within the City of Vero Beach should contact the City of Vero Beach Planning Department at (772) 978-4550 to facilitate additional outdoor seating.
- Goline Bus Service - Beginning April 9, 2020, GoLine will be limiting the number of people on a bus to no more than 10 passengers. An overflow bus will be operating from the Main Transit Hub to accommodate additional passengers when needed. In addition, the following temporary service changes are being implemented on GoLine:
- Route 11 and Route 15 service suspended until further notice
- The stop located at Orange Blossom will become a special stop. Riders can call the dispatcher at 772-569-0903 and Route 3 will be dispatched to them.
Please be advised that these service suspensions are temporary and GoLine will resume its regular operating schedule as soon as conditions permit. For more information or questions about arranging alternative transportation, please contact GoLine Offices at 772-569-0903 or visit the website at www.golineirt.com.
- County Recreation Facilities - See details on specific recreational facilities below:
- Aquatic Centers are open for lap swimming only - The Gifford Aquatic Center and North County Aquatic Center are open for lap swimming only as of Tuesday May 12, 2020. GAC opens at 10 AM and NCAC opens at 9 am. One swimmer will be allowed per lane. Physical distancing, and enhanced sanitization measures will be in place at both locations. Visit ircrec.com/pools for contact information.
- Indian River County Shooting Range - Open and operating during regular business hours. Various policies have been established to ensure adherence to CDC social distancing guidelines. Classroom use, spectator viewing on the gun and archery ranges, and gatherings of more than ten people will not be permitted at this time. For more information, review the range guidelines here or call 772-581-4944.
- Sandridge Golf Course - : Open and operating under new guidelines to promote social distancing and ensure heightened cleaning practices. In order to limit person to person contact, all tee times must be booked and pre-paid online by visiting www.sandridgegc.com.
- All OUTDOOR tennis and pickle ball courts operated by Indian River County, City of Vero Beach, and City of Sebastian are open. Play will be limited to singles play only. Please remember to abide by all social distancing guidelines while playing.
- Intergenerational Recreation Center (iG Center) - The iG Center re-opened on Monday, September 21st for pre-reserved, socially distanced meetings and pickleball play. Read full press release
- Beaches and Parks
- County Playgrounds: All County operated playgrounds have re-opened to the public.
- Beach Access Points : All public beach access points in Indian River County, except for Seagrape Trail, are open for all regularly permissible beach related activities. Beachgoers may bring coolers, chairs, and other regularly permissible personal belongings to the beach. When visiting the beach, please remember to abide by those social distancing guidelines per the Governor's Executive Order and as recommended by the CDC and do not congregate in groups larger than 10 individuals. Seagrape Trail Beach Access remains closed for a dune crossover project until further notice.
- Donald Mac Donald Campground: Donald McDonald Campground is open and operating under new guidelines to promote social distancing and ensure increased cleaning and disinfecting practices throughout the campground property. Visit ircgov.com/camping for more details and reservations.
- Libraries - The Main, North County, and Brackett Libraries will be opening to the public for limited services on Monday, August 10th with expanded hours. Face coverings are required as well as maintaining social distancing from staff and other patrons at all times. Masks will be available at the front doors if needed. View the Reopening Guidelines and Operation Hours here or visit www.irclibrary.org for more details.
- Courthouse -The Indian River County Courthouse reopened to the Public on Monday, June 1st. Detailed Information on all court closures and services can be found at clerk.indian-river.org/en/covid-19-updates/.
- Property Appraiser - As of March 18, 2020, direct to the public in person services by Property Appraiser personnel are temporarily suspended in all three locations, Main Office at the County Complex, Beachside, and Sebastian will be closed to public access. Visit ircpa.org for online services. More Information
- Supervisor of Elections - Office is open to the public Monday - Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm.. Visit www.voteindianriver.com
- Tax Collector - The Main, West, and Sebastian offices are open for most services. Appointments must be made online prior to arrival for in-office services. Road tests for driver licenses will not be available at this time. Get more information at irctax.com
- Schools - Open Visit indianriverschools.org for details.
State Resources and Information
Florida Governor DeSantis Executive Orders
Other State Information
Federal Resources and Information
COVID-19 Coronavirus Health Resources and Contacts