Terms of Service
Indian River County provides web sites as a public service. Information sent to Indian River County and presented on this web site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Information submitted to the Indian River County via this site shall be deemed and remain the property of Indian River County, except those submissions made under separate legal contract. Indian River County shall be free to use, for any purpose, any ideas, concepts, or techniques contained in information provided to Indian River County for and through this site. User access and use of this site constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions may be updated periodically without notice to the use
Links to Third Party Web Sites
Links to third party Internet web sites contained in Indian River County's web sites are not under the County's control. Indian River County does not assume any responsibility or liability for any information, communications, or materials available at such linked sites, or at any link contained in a linked site. Indian River County does not intend these third party links to be referrals or endorsements of the linked entities by the County, and are provided for convenience only. Each individual site has its own set of policies about what information is appropriate for public access. User assumes sole responsibility for use of third party links.
Content provided on Indian River County web sites is restricted to Indian River County government business and programs and is not intended as a mechanism for advertising or supporting a particular policy, program, issue, party, platform, for-profit business, non-profit organization, or individual.
Florida has a very broad public records law. As a result, any written communication created or received by Indian River County officials and employees will be made available to the public and media, upon request, unless otherwise exempt. Furthermore, under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact our office by phone or in writing.
If you browse or download information during your visit to Indian River County web sites, we collect and store only the standard data collected by all web server software. That information is:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address used for your connection (but not your email address). The IP address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet service provider or directly to your computer. We use the Internet IP to respond to your browser request. Example: 172.20.17.75
- The domain name assigned to your IP Address (if there is one). Example: somedomain.com
- The type of browser and operating system you used. The date and time you visited this site
- The web pages or services you accessed at this site
- The website you visited prior to coming to this site. (Note: this is included so that summary analysis can be done on how visitors get to our site, i.e., from a search engine, from a link on another site, etc.)
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this site may monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. If security monitoring reveals evidence of possible abuse or criminal activity, system personnel may provide the results of such monitoring to appropriate officials. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the state law and federal statutes.
Indian River County provides information about County government programs and services on several third-party social media sites such as Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram. Those sites are governed by the terms, conditions, and privacy policies as defined on each site. Indian River County reserves the right to remove or hide inappropriate content, including, but not limited to:
- Profane language or content;
- Personal attacks;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Content that includes unlawful conduct;
- Comments that are clearly off topic from the posted topics;
- Advertising services, entities, products or solicitations of commerce;
- Spam or links to other websites, pages, or accounts;
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Content that defames any person, group, or organization.