Water Conservation Tips
The following are some tips that you can take to help conserve water:
- Take short showers.
- Showers instead of baths.
- Only run the dishwasher and washing machine when full.
- Fix any leaky faucets/toilets/pipes.
- Turn off the water while brushing teeth or soaping hands during washing.
- Keep drinking water stored in the fridge to reduce running the tap to cool water.
Per the St. Johns River Water Management District regulations, the following is in effect:
- No landscape watering between 10 am and 4 pm.
- Limit watering to one hour per day.
- New plantings can be watered more frequently.
- Reclaimed water and harvested rainwater can be used at any time.
- This also applies to all other water sources, including private wells, surface water, and water from public and private utilities.
- Residential irrigation is allowed on Wednesdays and Saturdays at odd-numbered or no addresses.
- Residential irrigation is allowed on Thursdays and Sundays at even-numbered addresses.
- Nonresidential irrigation is allowed on Tuesdays and Fridays.
St. Johns River Water Management District water wise landscaping database